The SSDA exists to represent its members with regard to wages, hours and working conditions, for the purposes of their employee/employer relations with the Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Department, Stanislaus County and, whenever possible, to assist in all matters pertaining to the welfare and advancement of all of its members.
- To contribute and aid in the development of the high professional standards to which Association members are dedicated.
- To promote and maintain an organization for the mutual advancement and welfare of its members by all proper, suitable and lawful means.
- To foster a spirit of goodwill among its members and to promulgate ethical practices in their relationship with each other, the Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Department, Stanislaus County and the public, to the end that all interests may be served fairly.
- To aid and assist the members in all proper ways relative to matters affecting their welfare within the scope and the functions set forth in the Bylaws, including reasonable aid and assistance to members who are accused of misconduct in the performance of their official work duties.
- To oppose any organization or group which expounds or promotes any doctrines or philosophy adverse or subversive to the fundamental principals and institutions of the Unites States and this Association.